Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to all Contracts for all holiday properties operated by Magsdoc LTD UK.
In the event that these Terms and Conditions or any one of them are in conflict with any law or regulation in any jurisdiction, the said Term(s) and Condition(s) shall be applied in such a manner as to ensure full compliance with such law or regulation.
Client means the organising body/company or individual authorised and responsible for the commissioning and payment for the event.
Contract means the signed event contract for a specific booking or series of bookings. These terms and conditions shall form part of the contract together with any other terms specifically referred to.
Deposit means the sum equal to ten (10%) per cent of the total booking sum of which the balance shall be paid by the client on arrival.
Estimated Price means the minimum price to be paid by the Client based on the detailed supply of services as stated on the Contract.
Property refers to any Magsdoc LTD operated property.
VAT mean any value added tax (howsoever described) applicable and payable in the jurisdiction in which the propety is located.
Booking guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of booking. Failure to adhere to the minimum age requirement will result in cancelation of the booking without refund.
Charges and Payment Terms
1. Magsdoc LTD reserves the right to charge a Deposit on confirmation of a booking. The attention of the client is specifically drawn to the condition precedent that requires full payment of the contract 30 days before arrival.
2. A final account of the balance of all charges incurred at the property will be rendered to the client at the property immediately before leaving. The payment of such outstanding balance shall be due for full settlement at that time.
3. The client is and shall be responsible for all charges incurred by or on behalf of, or at the request of the client, its guests, agents or employees for any accommodation, food, beverage or any other goods or services provided by the property. If the client fails to make payment of all or any part of the amount due to Magsdoc LTD under the Contract on the due date for payment specified on the invoice issued by Magsdoc LTD, the Client will be liable to pay interest on any overdue sum payable to Magsdoc LTD from the due date to the date of payment. Interest shall be calculated at two (2%) per cent above the prevailing current Bank of England base rate and shall be cumulative.
4. Magsdoc LTD reserve the right to charge the client on the credit card provided for any damage or loss incurred to the property or its content during and 10 working days after the contract period.
5. Accounts are payable in Sterling (with effect from 1 February 2013) by cheque or can be settled in cash or by major credit cards accepted by Magsdoc LTD.
6. The prices quoted in the Contract are inclusive of VAT at the current rate and will be subject to alteration should the rate of VAT change before the date of the Event.
7. All bookings shall be considered as provisional until the client has paid a booking deposit. Once both parties sign the Contract, all such facilities and services reserved by the Client will be subject to the terms and conditions of the Contract.
8. All property and content within the property shall remain in the ownership of Magsdoc LTD at the conclusion of the event. Property deemed to be missing at the end of the event shall be charged to the clients credit card provided at the beginning of the event.
9. Final timings, menus and any special requests must be confirmed to the Hotel at least seven 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of arrival of the Client or the scheduled date of the Event.
Amendments by the Client
10. Any amendments to the arrangements listed in the Contract must be notified verbally to the Magsdoc LTD at the earliest opportunity by the Client.
11. All deposits for accommodation or services are non-refundable. Clients wishing to cancel a contract must do so at least 14 days prior to check in date. Failure to do so will incur a 40% charge of the full amount of the booking. Clients who do not arrive will be charged the full balance of their booking.
12. Should the Client wish to increase the number of guests attending trips and tours in excess of the contracted number, the property will use all reasonable endeavours to comply with such request subject to availability of facilities but will not be liable should it fail to do so. The property may increase its charges in accordance with the increased number of guests attending the event.
Cancellation by the Client
13. Should the guest need to cancel or postpone the confirmed booking at any time prior to arrival, the company will take reasonable efforts to resell the facilities on the client’s behalf provided always that the client shall be liable to indemnify the company for any cost incurred by Magsdoc LTD in its efforts to resell the facilities on the Client’s behalf. Nothing in this condition 13 shall operate to mitigate the obligation of the Client to settle the cancellation charges payable to the company as mentioned in Condition 14 below.
14. The companies Cancellation Policy is to levy a charge of 40% of the total booking amount on top of the 10% already paid at the time of booking. If the client cancels 30 days or more before arrival only the 10% booking charge will be retained. Clients may change the dates of their booking free of charge but only at least 30 days before the arrival. All cancellations within 30 days will be charged 50% of the full booking rate.
15. Any cancellation, postponement or partial cancellation of abooking should be advised to the management of the property as soon as possible.
16. The client is responsible for the cost of any entertainment, services or activities provided by external suppliers sourced by the client (“External Suppliers”) and shall at all times have sole responsibility for ensuring that any and all statutory obligations, licences and requirements specified by the Magsdoc management and/or applicable local legislation are complied with by the client and the external suppliers of the client. The property reserves the right to approve all such arrangements and to view any licences obtained by the client or the external suppliers prior to the commencement of the booking for the provision of the entertainment, activities or services at the event.
17. The Client shall indemnify Magsdoc LTD, its employees, contractors, agents and guests against any loss or liability incurred by the Client, its agents, guests or employees, arising as a result of any entertainment, services or activities organised by the Client or its external Suppliers.
18. Magsdoc LTD, its employees and agents will not be held responsible by the client or anyone working on the client’s behalf for loss, damage or personal injury to the client or the client’s guests at the property.
19. It is the client and user’s responsibility to ensure that all equipment included in the property is of sound construction and in safe working order. Safety equipment must be used at all times. Magsdoc LTD, its employees and contractors will not be held liable by the client or anybody working on the client’s behalf for loss, damage or personal injury while using any sporting or leisure equipment available in the property. This includes children’s play areas, bicycles, canoes, jet skis, boats or any other leisure equipment available to the client and the client’s guests.
a. Under no circumstances should anyone under the age of 16 be allowed to operate the canoe without adult supervision. It is the guest’s responsibility to check the general condition of the canoe before use. Failure to use life jackets provided may result in serious injury.
b. Under no circumstances should anyone under the age of 16 be allowed to operate the bicycles without adult supervision. It is the guest’s responsibility to check the general condition of each bicycle before use. Failure to use life safety helmets provided may result in serious injury.
c. For the comfort of the following guests we kindly ask that you leave the property in a reasonably tidy condition. Should the property not be vacated in a reasonable condition a standard cleaning charge will apply.
Magsdoc LTD Property
20. The property and its contents shall be available to the client only for the pre booked arranged period. Failure to vacate the property on the agreed date and time will result in charges at the normal rate plus 30%.
21. The property contents will remain the property of Magsdoc LTD throughout the rental period and after.
22. Damage to the property will be charged according to official printed “Damage Charges” document which is included in the welcome pack in each property. Missing or damaged property will be replaced or repaired at the pre-arranged rate which the client will be liable for within 10 working days after vacating the property. The client will be responsible should the property have to be taken out of commission due to the clients or their guests causing damage to the property or its contents. By signing the property rental agreement the client agrees to pay the daily rate of the property for each day it is out of commission while repairs are being completed. This charge will be taken from the clients credit card provided and will be charged within 10 days of departure.
23. Damage payment. Payment for lost or damaged property will be taken from the clients supplied credit card at the beginning of the event unless otherwise arranged. By agreeing to our terms on the property rental agreement the client is agreeing to cover the costs for loss or damage to property owned by Magsdoc.LTD including the property itself and its contents while in residence at the property and with the full knowledge that this will be charged to the credit card provided within 10 working days of departure of the property.
24. Pet damage. Pets may only reside at the property strictly by prior arrangement with Magsdoc.LTD at the time of booking. To ensure the property is at the standard we require for the incoming guests, those wishing to bring pets may incur a further cleaning charge to cover specialised dirt or odour cleaning. In the event of a pet causing damage or leaving bad odours in the property it may be necessary for the company to close the property for 1 or more days to necessitate the standard of cleanliness we require. The client will be responsible to pay the daily rate for each day the property is out of commission.
25. Magsdoc LTD is not and shall not be liable for any loss or damage to property owned by, or in the custody of the Client or its guests, employees, agents or contractors, or the External Suppliers. The Client is advised to arrange adequate insurance cover for the Event.
26. These Terms and Conditions and the Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland.
26. The Strone is a strictly a no smoking property. Smoke odours inside the property at end of stay will result in a 150.00 cleaning charge.